- Jakes was one of the men shooting at Morse when he was in the car
- Bright, rather than Deare, was the one who shot Thursday
- Or Bright was the one Deare strangled
- Morse didn’t get there in time, Deare had already shot Thursday and buggered off
- Thursday accidentally shot Morse
- Both Thursday and Morse got shot (hey, they did it in George Gently)
- Strange turned up and got shot, too
- And so did Jakes
- By Colin Dexter (why not? He’s got to be the murderer at some point)
- They brought out a body bag rather than a Thursday on a stretcher and left us guessing whether it was Thursday or Deare
- Meanwhile, the Thursdays’ house blows up
- And Monica has a scooter accident
So, all in all, I suppose we probably got off lightly.
I’m still sobbing inside, though.
This line has never made any sense to me
*clears throat and pulls out binder labeled The Sound of Music Explained*
Captain von Trapp is used to calling the shots around his house. Now, Maria has come into his house and blatantly disobeyed his orders, taking authority for herself. He, seeing now that she has this authority, has subconsciously recognized it and blurts out the line in question because he’s flustered and angry
and distracted by a soaking wet nun.
That’s why she makes that face. She knows she’s gaining something here, she’s got some serious respect from the man who was originally going to summon her via whistle. Now they both know that she knows that they are on a level playing field and that he is actually listening to what she is saying he just doesn’t want to hear it.
*puts away binder and dusts hands* Thank you and good night.
Yes to all of this